Confused by Horse Nutrition?
(and don't know where to start?!?)
Are you hopelessly confused by horse nutrition? Or are you confused about one or two smaller aspects of it? You are not alone!
Just like the little guy below, you want help and reassurance that you are doing things right (or you wouldn't be searching the internet), but you also want to understand this stuff for yourself.
I understand, because I've been there.
You want the best for your horse, but understanding horse nutrition can be confusing...this website will help give you the knowledge you need and start you on your path.
You’ve probably been asking yourself some of these questions:
- Where do I start?
- What does my horse need?
- How do I know if my feed is the best for my horse?
- What does all that information on the feed bag mean?
- What are all those ingredients? How do they affect my horse?
At one point I was asking myself the same questions. When I started researching to find answers, I was hopelessly lost.
The more I researched, the more I realized how little I knew, and the more questions I had.
The biggest problem was that no one knew MY horse and his situation...I didn’t want someone -- like that annoying feed salesman we've all met -- to tell me what THEY thought MY horse needed, I wanted someone to tell me how to figure out what my horse needed, and in words I could understand!
Understanding the items on the list below helps you understand horse nutrition, so you can relax and know that you are feeding your horse to his highest potential!
Things that every horse owner should understand include:
- How the horse digestive system works
- Roughages and why they are essential
- Other feedstuffs and if your horse needs them
- The roles of major nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
- How to read and understand the information on a feed tag
It sounds pretty simple, but as you probably know already, it can be daunting when you start trying to figure it out. The good news is that it IS easy to understand, once you get over the initial hump!
So, let's get started...
- Site Map for understanding-horse-nutrition.com
- A site map to make navigation around the site easier.
- Horse Nutrition Search
- A horse nutrition search to find information on this site.
- Horse Nutrition Blog
- The horse nutrition blog keeps you up-to-date with changes to the understanding-horse-nutrition.com, website. Subscribe here!
- THE Horse Nutrition E-Zine - Subscription Page
- Use this page to subscribe to the horse nutrition e-zine to keep up-to-date with changes to the site as well as happenings in the horse nutrition world.
- Horse Nutrition Stories from Visitors
- A collection of horse nutrition stories from our visitors detailing how learning about nutrition helped them help their horses!
- Horse Nutrition Question and Answer
- A page where visitors' questions about horse nutrition are answered!
- Horse Digestive System Basics
- Learn about the horse digestive system so you know what's really going on in there...
- Horse Feeding in THREE Easy Steps!
- Horse feeding doesn't have to be difficult. See how easy it really is!
- Determining Horse Weight and its Importance
- The importance of horse weight, and how to measure it.
- Horse Diseases Related to Nutrition
- Discusses a number of horse diseases that are related to nutrition.
- Forage Information for Horse Owners
- Forage and how to make it the base of your horse's healthy diet.
- Feedstuffs in the Equine Diet
- Today's equine diet contains various feedstuffs not seen in the past -- how do they fit into your horse's diet?
- Horse Feed Types
- Disscussion of various types of horse feed that are available today.
- Ration Balancer
- The ration balancer is a fairly new feed type on the market, but well worth looking into.
- Vitamins in the Equine Diet
- Energy production, digestion, movement, fighting off illnesses. All of these essential processes in your horse require vitamins. Check out these small but powerful substances!
- Minerals in the Equine Diet
- Minerals, though small, are an important part of your horse's diet. Learn about them here.
- Carbohydrates in Horse Nutrition
- Discussion of the role of carbohydrates in the horse diet.
- Lipids in the Equine Diet
- Lipids play an important role in the equine diet. Learn about their various roles here.
- Horse Nutrition Supplements Explored
- An exploration of various horse nutrition supplements helps horse owners sort out various options for their horse's diet.
- Poisonous Plants for Horses
- Poisonous plants pose a deadly danger to horses because many of them are not recognized as dangerous by horse owners. In fact, some of the most deadly species are ones often used in landscaping!
- Seasonal Influences on Horse Nutrition
- Seasonal influences on horse nutrition may seem minor, but there are a few important changing needs worth paying attention to.
- My Horse Nutrition Journey
- Visit this page to see my horse nutrition journey!
- Resources Related to Horse Nutrition
- Recommended resources for additional information on horse nutrition.
- Contact Me!
- Use this form to contact me directly!
- Contribute to Horse Nutrition
- Would you like to share your knowledge about horse nutrition? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.